Monday, March 17, 2008

Kiss Me Kate

Toad Hill's Kiss Me Kate, Katey, is the 2007 National All Stars Top Ten Champion- (1st), Multi-Color Mare (AMHR) under. Measuring 30.5 inches (2007) as a two year, she is out of Toad Hill's Wind in the Willows (2002 National All Stars Top Ten Champion- (1st), Multi-Color Mare (AMHR) Over) and Toad Hill's Oreo. Oreo's bloodlines go back to AMHA Rainbow Ridges Starburst Cody. I hope this photo works okay, with the open door in the background, it is nearly impossible to get a good shot of the horse. Katey is true black although she looks a little grayish in this photo. The day of this photo she would not put those ears up no matter how hard we tried in the ring.
Katey has been bred to Boone's Buckeroo Fancy Pants and should foal in April 2009. I really hate to have early spring foals in Illinois since the weather is so unpredictable.
Because some have asked if I would sell Katey, I have decided to include her under this category. Since I did bred her to Fancy Pants, a roan Buckeroo grandsonsold she is offered at $3,000. If you do the calculations, there is a 50/50 chance that her foal could be a blue roan also.
Well the foal was not a blue roan, he was a fantastic black/white pinto. I have decided that Kate is worth more to me because of her potential as a brood mare. Lets consider this, she is young, measures 32.25" and has had a great first foal. Given her dam is my best producer of pintos, Kate may also to produce some nice looking foals, plus I now have a small enough stallion in Fancy to bred he with. I was worried that my other stallion would be too big to bred to her.

No comments: