Monday, October 25, 2010

Country Roads Shadows Sunny Boy

Rarely do I buy a miniature horse any more. I have way too many already to justify just one more.
But this spring I received an email from a breeder in Malta, Illinois.
She was interested in one of my filies, so after some discussion a trade was worked out.
Sunny was shown as a 2 month old at HAMES and was a perfect little gentlemen. 
After spending some quality time with Sunny, Wendy and Mike it was time to head home with Sunny.
Walked little Sunny up the to rear of the van and "Whoa, you want me to what?" asked Sunny.
"Sure, you can do it little boy," I said.
"I don't know, it's pretty high up there but here goes," and with one colossal jump in he went.

"So what do you think? How do I look in here?" said Sunny.
Wendy climbed in to say her goodbyes to Sunny.
Sunny assured mommy, "Yes mommy, I promise to be a good little minis. I will brush my teeth, and eat all my hay every night."

I think I saw a tear coming out of Wendy's eyes as she left little Sunny in the van ready to head off the farm and on to a new adventure.
It was a two hour drive, and Sunny was very well behaved.
Arriving at home, Sunny looked out and said,"Wait a minute, that's a big jump outta the van. I don't think this is what I was planning on."

"Where's mommy Wendy? No way you are going to get me out of here."
"I wantta go home, no you can't make me get out!!" said Sunny.

Needless to say, it took a little convincing, but finally Sunny left the safety of the van and trotted down to meet his new family.

In a few days I will post again with photos of Sunny in his new home.
If you want to see baby photos of Sunny visit:
Sunny is a true blue eyed baby. His sire is Boones Little Buckeroo Too Shadow, a 27.5 inch, Top Ten BTU son. His dam is Serenity Acres Bonnie Blu Eyes, so now you know where those baby blues came from. I just love blue eyes on a mini!!

No comments: