Sunday, May 16, 2010

Toad Hill's Buttermilk

Buttermilk was foaled in 2005. Pedigree below:

Sire: Toad Hill's Ivanhoe (Black pinto)
Dam: Ventura's Smiling Waters (Cremello, 33.0")



Can't help it, fell in love with her as soon as I saw her. This is a breeding I will never be able to replicate since the sire was sold and gelded, and the mare was sold as well. We had visitors at the farm who had a two year with them. They looked at all the other horses, but the mare and the two year found each other and became inseparable. After must discussion, it was decided that Smiley could move to their house.

The mare left the farm when Buttermilk was just four months old, so I took the other two fillies, Stormy Weather and Butterscotch and weaned them all at once. They were the Three Musketeers getting into mischievous and constantly following me around the yard.

To the right is a photo of Toad Hill's Buttermilk and Rusty as yearlings. I plan to breed Buttermilk to Rusty when she is a three year old.

Sorry but the kids were not clipped. Seems like the horses don't wait for clipping before I photograph them.

No comments: