Sunday, December 27, 2009

Miss Peach Meets Mr. Picasso

Picasso is one of my stallions. He currently shares a pen with two other breeding stallions (Rusty and Sid), three 2-year old stallions (Slate, Lincoln and Baldrige) and a "monster" sized miniature gelding (Stetson --can you say at least 42 inches--yikes!!).

Anyway, Miss Peach came for the day and decided she wanted to ride minis. She runs out into the pen with all the boys flapping her mittens held by strings connected to her coat. Needless to say it was quite a surprise for the boys and most of them headed for the the other side of the field.

Mr. Picasso, who loves attention, came up to be petted, and Miss Peach was put on aboard. Since I did not have a halter with me, I put my hand under his chin and we walked around the field until it was way too cold to stay out any longer. Miss Peach had decided I should bring Mr. Picasso up to her home in the big city and let her keep him.


Sorry Miss Peach, Mr. Picasso is headed to Hal Bryant's to become a Chariot Horse!!. Perhaps, Hal will let me drive him sometime. Mr. Picasso leaves in February for his new home.

No comments: