Monday, May 26, 2008

Phantom Has Arrived!!!

Phantom left for Utah on Wednesday at 5 PM. He arrived Saturday morning, Below is the email I received from the new owner:

The boy is here and all is well. Thank you Thank you!
He came about 11:30 this morning and was alert and curious and just as cute as pie. I let him trot down to his pen and all the other horses were just all eyes. I had a flake of hay and fresh water but he wasn't hungry. The driver said he was an easy traveler, that he slept and licked the mineral block and ate and drank. I definitely recommend the HauledWright service. He went over to see Fury through the fence and stomped his right foot to let him know the boss had arrived. Fury was doing that funny mouthing "I'm just a baby" thing. Within a half an hour, they were grooming each other's neck and shoulders. My thoroughbred put back his ears standing at the fence and Phantom reared up at him. Oh, when he first came, he rolled. And rolled. And reared and kicked and just loosened up. He has had four visitors who think he is just stunning. I left to do errands for a few hours and he had eaten most of his hay when I got back at 6:00. I gave him another flake and put half a scoop of probiotics in a little crimped oats to help him get over the stress of traveling. He seems to be doing great. He has met the three big horses west of him, the three of ours to the north, and Fury to the east. Two that are just loose came and visited on the south. He seems very confident. I bit some pieces of two baby carrots for him and they were a big hit. He is so beautiful! And he has beautiful movement. Fury has been highly anxious all day so we gave him some probiotics, too. It looked like rain for a while, and we have a stall space fixed for him in the barn, but I'm glad it cleared up so they can be out. About 55 today, 40ish tonight. I will take pictures. I think that in a few days, if they continue as they have started, Phantom will be ready to start his reign.

I have not used HauledWright previously as a transport service, but I will admit both the new owner and I were very satisfied with their service. The lady driver, Frenchie, seems to be efficient and all business. She arrived with a clean trailer and stall already for Phantom with fresh hay and water. She called about an hour before arriving and although she was running a little late coming to pick up Phantom made it up and delivered him earlier than I expected.

No comments: